commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: core:forEach collections
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:57:58 GMT
Jörg,

Can you be more precise on the expectactions for the JSTL compatibility
? I can't say this is my favourite goal for jelly...

Clearly, the need to j:set is a pain... but there are many many other
ways around... (remember jelly is flexible!):
1.- the forEachToken tag that I described here
2.- have a function like "tokenize" within jexl
3.- be able to declare functions within jexl (see the proposal of
Ernesto Reinaldo recently, this seems to be also JSP inspired)

I would favour 1 for best predictability and confort (I think being
able to state a tokenizer with any whitespace is really missing thus
far).
I would favour 2. to be quick and compatible with 3. which, to my
taste, has the power of shortening by 50% half of the jelly scripts
around.

Paul