commons-user mailing list archives

From (Jeffrey D. Brekke)
Subject Re: questions about FTP LIST processing (FTPFileListParser)
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 18:11:05 GMT

We are using getSystemName() which is returning the name of the
server's OS.  We are fortunate that we aren't hitting that many
different ftp servers, so we can search for say, "Windows" and if its
in the string, we may attempt to use the NT parser.

One idea would be to have the regular expressions in a properties
file.  If getSystemName() matches, then use the mapping to the RE to
use for parsing the entries.  Then maybe we just need a *generic*
entry parser and well defined RE's for autodetection and selection of
parsing.  Maybe we could even use RE's to match the system name.