commons-user mailing list archives

From Joseph Prosser <jpros...@nocmanage.net>
Subject ResultSetHandler difficulties
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 23:01:34 GMT
Hi,
I'm trying to use the dbutils, in particular I'd like to populate
LabelValueBeans.  I'm using the example from the website, but I get the
following exception:
Cannot create org.apache.struts.util.LabelValueBean:
org.apache.struts.util.LabelValueBean

I've tried individual LabelValueBeans and ArrayLists of them.

I've included the code and log snippets.  There is so little code here,
that I just can't imagine what the problem is.

Thanks!
-Joe

        QueryRunner run = new QueryRunner(ds);

         //ResultSetHandler rsh = new
BeanListHandler(LabelValueBean.class);

         ResultSetHandler rsh = new BeanHandler(LabelValueBean.class);

         try {

             //list = (ArrayList)
run.query(sql,crit,rsh);

             LabelValueBean lvb = (LabelValueBean) run.query(sql,crit,rsh);

             } catch (SQLException e) {
                 log.error( "LV - resultset error with query: " + sql + "
with msg: " +  e.getMessage());
                 e.printStackTrace();
             } catch (Exception e) {
                 log.error( "LV - resultset error with query: " + sql + "
with msg: " +  e.getMessage());
                 e.printStackTrace();
             }
             if(loginfo==1){log.info("PV  leaving getLVList");}
             return list;

[ERROR] NMISBean - -LV - resultset error with query: SELECT system_pk
value,name label from ts3_systems_t  WHERE office_fk=? and de
leted<>'True' with msg: Cannot create
org.apache.struts.util.LabelValueBean:
org.apache.struts.util.LabelValueBean Query: SELECT sy
stem_pk value,name label from ts3_systems_t  WHERE office_fk=? and
deleted<>'True' Parameters: [201223]
java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create org.apache.struts.util.LabelValueBean:
org.apache.struts.util.LabelValueBean Query: SELECT sys
tem_pk value,name label from ts3_systems_t  WHERE office_fk=? and
deleted<>'True' Parameters: [201223]
         at
org.apache.commons.dbutils.QueryRunner.rethrow(QueryRunner.java:330)
         at org.apache.commons.dbutils.QueryRunner.query(QueryRunner.java:213)
         at org.apache.commons.dbutils.QueryRunner.query(QueryRunner.java:279)
         at org.apache.commons.dbutils.QueryRunner.query(QueryRunner.java:255)
         at
net.nocmanage.coreserver.beans.NMISBean.getLVList(NMISBean.java:3056)