commons-user mailing list archives

From LAURENT Frederic SZSIC13 softeam <frederic.laur...@interieur.gouv.fr>
Subject Re: [CLI] UnrecognizedOptionException on simple test
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:18:06 GMT
John Keyes wrote:
> Hi Frederic,
>
> Use the GnuParser instead of the PosixParser.  That should do
> the trick.

ok this works like a charm !
thanks

Then can we consider that the documentation is wrong ?
In the documentation, the PosixParser is mentionned rather
than the GnuParser...

There some errors in the "Argument options" section too

Option logfile   = OptionBuilder.withArgName( "file" )
                        .hasArg()
                        .withDescription(  "use given file for log" )
 >>                     .create( "file" );
should be
                        .create( "logfile" );

And

Option find      = OptionBuilder.withArgName( "file" )
                    .hasArg()
                    .withDescription( "search for buildfile towards the "
                                 + "root of the filesystem and use it" )
 >>                 .create( "file" );
should be
 >>                 .create( "find" );

[*] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/cli/usage.html

(I can change usage.xml but I can't commit...)

> p.s. please do not cross post to the -dev and -users list, the
> developers monitor the -users list so it is unnecessary to di
> so.

ok, sorry

HTH

Fred