commons-user mailing list archives

From Chris Malley <malley_ch...@emc.com>
Subject Re: questions about FTP LIST processing (FTPFileListParser)
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:48:59 GMT
Thanks Steve.  Helpful to know that Default is UnixFTPEntryParser
(this should really be in the javadoc if anyone from commons-dev
is listening).

So part 2 of my question was: how do I decide which parser to use?
The javadoc for NTFTPEntryParser eludes to using
FTPClient.getSystemName. Are there specific system name values
(or parts of the system name) that tell you to use a specific parser?
Or am I going to have to determine a parser via trial-and-error
and keep a mapping of hostname-to-parser? (yuck)

-Chris

--
Chris Malley
Contractor - PixelZoom, Inc.