commons-user mailing list archives

From Chris Malley <>
Subject questions about FTP LIST processing (FTPFileListParser)
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:02:46 GMT
I'm writing an FTP client that makes heavy use of the 'LIST' command,
and I'm operating in an enviroment that has a wide range of FTP server
types.  So the 'LIST' output is apt to vary.  The answers to these
questions have eluded me so far:

Which FTP servers does DefaultFTPFileListParser handle?

How do I decide when to use the various list parsers that are provided?
  (i.e., EnterpriseUnixFTPEntryParser, NTFTPEntryParser,
OS2FTPEntryParser, UnixFTPEntryParser, VMSFTPEntryParser)
Should I look at FTPClient.getSystemName()?...

Chris Malley
Contractor - PixelZoom, Inc.
Email @ EMC:
Voice @ EMC: (303)293-9331 x1235