commons-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <dirk.verbe...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: [DBCP] Can DBCP be used to solve this XA issue?
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 22:24:29 GMT
The usual way to handle this kind of situation is to keep all the user
registration data in memory and insert the data into the database at
the end of the registration process.

Using a XAConnection with user transaction coordination or a simple
Connection with autocommit false, in both cases you are holding on to
database resources for a longer period of time.
You depend on the application user or timeout to release the resource
and that is something to avoid.

-- Dirk

Vernon Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is a situation:
> During a user registration, data is inserted into a sequence of tables. Those insertion
queries are submitted at different time during the registration. To maintain the data integrity,
the data shall be either all written or none of them written. Other than this scenario, the
rest of queries in the application work fine with the auto-commit setting. The current version
of BD connection pool in place is unable to handle this issue without JTA. I have browsed
over the DBCP API. It seems to me the DBCP might be able to the job. I have done a thorough
search in the Jakarta site and using Google, unable to find more detailed document/examples
on the subject. Can someone give me a help?