commons-user mailing list archives

From __matthewHawthorne <ma...@phreaker.net>
Subject Re: [JXPath] Performance
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 02:37:51 GMT
I would imagine that #2 would perform better.

I've used JXPath with much success, however I've never really done any
performance metrics.  I would imagine that underneath, it's using
reflection to navigate through the object heirarchy.

This seems destined to be slower than executing Xpath queries against a
static XML stream.

The nice thing about JXPath is that the interface stays the same,
whether you're querying an XML file or a Java object tree underneath.
This could allow you to switch your strategy if you notice any
performance problems.