commons-user mailing list archives

From __matthewHawthorne <ma...@phreaker.net>
Subject Re: RE : [Collections] Difference between HashMap and FastHashMap
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 17:02:15 GMT
Bhanu Pabreja wrote:
> can u give me a use case where using a FastHashMap would
> be a better idea then the regular HashMap. Also exactly at what stage the
> flag should be set to true which will give the performance boost "FAST" and

If you really want to see what goes on under the hood, I would suggest
taking a look at the code.

As far as use cases, a good start would be to identify places and
situations where your HashMaps are being used read-only.  If possible,
you could start using it there and see if you notice a performance
difference.