commons-user mailing list archives

From Emerson Cargnin <emer...@tre-sc.gov.br>
Subject Re: DBCP Pooling question
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 22:28:34 GMT
I currently use bitmechanic ConnectionPool, that has a PoolManager that
manages n pools easely accessed. So I have a wrapper class that
encapsulates those pools. I want to migrate to DBCP. Is there this
feature at DBCP (a manager of n Pools)?

Dirk Verbeeck wrote:
> If the person who administers your Tomcat installation has set things up
> to allow it, and if you have a suitably up to date Tomcat version, you
> can put a "META-INF/context.xml" file in the WAR, containing the
> <Context> element that defines your JNDI resources.  However, it's
> likely that your admin hasn't enabled this feature, it's not on by
> default, for security reasons.
>
> The other option is to create a database pool yourself:
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-commons/dbcp/doc/BasicDataSourceExample.java?rev=1.1

> -- Dirk
>
> Emerson Cargnin wrote:
>
>> I don't have access to tomcat server.xml file, how do I set a pool in
>> a programatic way?

Emerson Cargnin
Analista de Sistemas
Setor de Desenvolvimento de Sistemas - TRE-SC
tel : (048) - 251-3700 - Ramal 3181