commons-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <dirk.verbe...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: DBCP Pooling question
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 21:35:17 GMT
If the person who administers your Tomcat installation has set things up to
allow it, and if you have a suitably up to date Tomcat version, you can put a
"META-INF/context.xml" file in the WAR, containing the <Context> element that
defines your JNDI resources.  However, it's likely that your admin hasn't
enabled this feature, it's not on by default, for security reasons.

The other option is to create a database pool yourself:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-commons/dbcp/doc/BasicDataSourceExample.java?rev=1.1

-- Dirk