commons-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <dirk.verbe...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: [DBCP 1.1] DataSource.getConnection(usr, pwd): Cannot create Pool ableConnectionFactory
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 18:28:58 GMT
BasicDataSource delegates the getConnection method calls to a
PoolingDataSource and therefor doesn't support the getConnection(String
username, String password) method call.

If you really want to use this method then you can use PerUserPoolDataSource
or SharedPoolDataSource.
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/apidocs/org/apache/commons/dbcp/datasources/package-summary.html

If the unencrypted password in server.xml is the main problem then you can
also subclass BasicDataSourceFactory and add some code to fix your issue.

You can then encrypt the password or load the password from another source.
The tomcat start script could ask for a password, store it in a temp file, the
factory would read the file (and after tomcat is started the script would
delete the password file).

If you choose this last option then I'm interested in your solution (to put on
the site as an example).

-- Dirk