commons-user mailing list archives

From Emerson Cargnin <emer...@tre-sc.gov.br>
Subject Re: DbUtils question
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 18:19:43 GMT
forgot to insert the sql :)

David Graham wrote:
 > --- Emerson Cargnin <emerson@tre-sc.gov.br> wrote:
 >
 >>It looks that my problem is with oracle number fields. WHat's the
 >>mapping for bean and database types?
 >

 > DbUtils 1.0 performs a very simple mapping: If the column type
matches the
 > bean type exactly, the setter will be called.  We have added an
 > enhancement to be released with 1.1 that performs a more useful mapping.
 > We will also make changes to BasicRowProcessor to make customized
mappings
 > easier to implement.
 >
 > Also see the javadoc:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbutils/apidocs/org/apache/commons/dbutils/BasicRowProcessor.html#toBean(java.sql.ResultSet,%20java.lang.Class)

Ok, I'm having a problem :

I have a bean that has getIdEmpresa/setIdEmpresa methods.
My sql is:

"SELECT id_empresa as idEmpresa , Nom_empresa as nome ,Num_tel_empresa
as telefone , fax, des_endereco as endereco , nom_bairro as bairro ,
cep, email, razao, id_tipo as idTipo , sgl_uf as uF
FROM empresa
  WHERE id_empresa=?"

It happens that all fields are properly populated, except ones that had
number (oracle) as the type of the field.

I tried to change my bean field to int or Integer, still not working.
Should I use long for oracle number type ?

 >>As a suggestion, for the subject of naming mappings, dbutils could try
 >>to map getAttName bean method to att_name database field.
 >

 > DbUtils will not perform this kind of custom mapping.  You can either use
 > an SQL "AS" or write a custom RowProcessor implementation.

Now it doesn't work this way, you mean that it's not a good idea to be
implemented in a future version? I think that this way (not excluding
the way it works now) would be less intrusive in the sql's people have
already, and since the filed_name being the pattern that is most used
for filed names, it could avoid changing sql's to adapt to the DbUtils
framework.