commons-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <dirk.verbe...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: DBCP Pool - Releasing connections
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 18:08:42 GMT
All the test* properties require the validation parameter to be set.
Test while idle does the test in background if the overhead of testOnBorrow is
too large.

But your best bet is to close the datasource like Larry suggested
or to restart when the database is available again .

-- Dirk

Swaminathan Gurumoorthy wrote:

> Can I use 'testOnBorrow' to validate the connection. The documentaion says it is 'true'
by default. Will this parameter work only with 'validationQuery '?

> I wish DBCP has a 'releaseStale' parameter similar to the 'removeAbandoned' . This may
eliminate the overhead on 'testOnBorrow'.