commons-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <dirk.verbe...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: [DBCP] Deadlock problem?
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 23:07:03 GMT
Actually I don't see a deadlock in the stack traces you provided.
I see two times 2 threads waiting for a connection

In the first dump a getConnection from a <c:out> in your products.jsp page and
from CSVGenerator called in DataFileGeneratorServlet.

The second dump again in the CSVGenerator but a different place and also the
products.jsp page.

You probably did restart the server between the two threaddumps?
Please make a couple of threaddumps with 30 sec inbetween without restarting.

How did you test the number of available database connections?

-- Dirk

Frank Stolze wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been having some problems with Tomcat + DBCP for some time now. I
> made every effort to find the problem myself and also look through the
> mailing list archives, but it seems that I'm at a dead end now. Here is
> my problem:
>
> Tomcat 4.1.27
> Commons-Pool 1.1
> Commons-DBCP 1.1
> PostgreSQL 7.3.3
>
> While everything works beautifully for a while, at some (seemingly)
> random point in time getting a db connection from the pool fails.
> Database connections are available, both idle and not yet established.
>
> Configuration:
>
>           <Resource auth="Container" name="jdbc/Public"
> scope="Shareable" type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
>           <ResourceParams name="jdbc/Public">
>             <parameter>
>               <name>password</name>
>               <value>xxxx</value>
>             </parameter>
>             <parameter>
>               <name>url</name>
>               <value>jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/bfth_db</value>
>             </parameter>
>             <parameter>
>               <name>driverClassName</name>
>               <value>org.postgresql.Driver</value>
>             </parameter>
>             <parameter>
>               <name>username</name>
>               <value>xxxx</value>
>             </parameter>
>           </ResourceParams>
>
> Here are two representative thread dumps:

threaddumps removed