commons-user mailing list archives

From __matthewHawthorne <ma...@phreaker.net>
Subject Re: BasicDynaBean and overriding the toString()
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:24:09 GMT
It sounds like you need to define some type of display wrapper.

You could create a static method to do this:

static final String display(BasicDynaBean bean, String prop) {
	return return bean.get(prop);
}

Or create a hierarchy -- if you're into this sort of thing...

public abstract BasicDynaBeanView
	BasicDynaBeanView(BasicDynaBean bean) {

	abstract String display() {}
}

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, there are tons of ways to solve
your problem.  You need to create a layer in between your GUI and the
DynaBeans which contain the data.