commons-user mailing list archives

From "Janek Bogucki" <...@studylink.com>
Subject Re: [DIGESTER] prefix:namespace list
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 20:58:11 GMT

> hi,
>
> i circumvent the problem by using JDOM currently (heck, I have a bias
> towards high level API's ;-)) , but i thought maybe Digester has a similar
> built-in function to retrieve the list of Namespaces and their prefixes.
> Looks like this is not the case...
>
> so, I have to decide whether to  tweak  my copy of Digester or to stick to
> my current solution... well, i'll see
>
> thanks!
> Joe

You don't need to change Digester to get access to namespace information.
Subclass Digester and override #startPrefixMapping to grab the mapping you
want and then invoke the superclass's startPrefixMapping method.

startPrefixMapping JavaDoc:
    http://www.saxproject.org/apidoc/org/xml/sax/ContentHandler.html#startPrefixMapping(java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String)

There's an example of subclassing Digester to obtain processing
instructions here:
    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-user&m=106448466019682&w=4

-Janek