commons-user mailing list archives

From "Erez Nahir" <ena...@cisco.com>
Subject [DBUtil] setNull cause insert to fail.
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:16:03 GMT
Hi,

I have a code with sql having long, int, String and boolean values. Some of
my Strings can be null.
When QueryRunner.fillStatement identify null value in the object[] it uses
stmt.setNull(Types.OTHER); after the sql is filled with the params, the
executeUpdate fails with excetion message:

Failed to insert base data JZ006: Caught IOException: java.io.IOException:
JZ0SM: Unsupported SQL type 1111. Query: insert into BB_MAIN
(OBJECTID,ACTOBJECTID,NODEID,ACTIVITYID,CHANGE,TYPE,NAME,"COMMENT",CATEGORY,
MANDATORY,"GROUP",REFS)values (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?) Parameters: [0, 0,
0, 0, null, Network, NetName, Comment, red, false, true, null]

I'm using Sybase 8.0.2.

Is this a known problem?, is there a solution?
Before I switched to DBUtil it worked fine with stmt.setString(null), but I
had to write lot of code:-(.

Thanks,
Erez.