commons-user mailing list archives

From Costin <cos...@edison.ro>
Subject [Modeler] JMX Notification vs. BaseNotification
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2003 14:28:03 GMT
Hello!

I'm  using  Modeler  to generate ModelMBeans for my application and so
far the default BaseMBean worked quite okay.

However   introducing  notifications  into  the  mix  ruined the whole
thing.  First  of  all  the  BaseModelMBean  seems  to  have  it's own
implementation of the NotificationBroadCaster i.e. org.apache.commons.modeler.BaseNotificationBroadcaster
which doesn't work with standard notification (at least not from me).

This  breaks  the standard which at least in my experience is not good
-  the JMX remote specs specify that the reference Notification should
be  used  -  they  are  guaranteed  to  work, extending this class may
introduce errors.

I'm  just  wondering  why  was  this approach taken and why hasn't the
default implementation chosen?

--
Best regards,
 Costin                          mailto:costin@edison.ro