commons-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FW: Digester & doctype declaration
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2003 18:21:42 GMT
Quoting "Iantosca, Jonathan" <jiantosca@tiaa-cref.org>:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to digest an xml file with the following doctype declaration.
>
> <!DOCTYPE adaptor SYSTEM "woadaptor.dtd">
>
> I keep getting a java.net.UnknownHostException when this declaration is in
> the xml document. As soon as I remove it, the digester has no problems.
> Also, before parsing, I'm calling the Digester's setValidating method,
> passing in false.
>
> Any Thoughts?
>
> -Jon

In order for the XML parser to be able to resolve this relative URL
("woadaptor.dtd"), it has to know the URL of the document (that contains this
line) that you are actually parsing.  In turn, that means you need to use one
of the Digester.parse() methods that provides this information -- either a
File, an InputSource, or a String.  Don't use the one that takes an
InputStream.

Craig