commons-user mailing list archives

From John Zoetebier <>
Subject Re: DBCP "Statement already closed .... how?"
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:54:04 GMT
Results of DBCP 1.1 testing.

My first tests showed that:
- There is no problem with McKoi  handling large number of connections.
	Meximum number of connections in my test is 50
- DBCP hung on 9th connection

After some further digging I discovered that I had not set MaxIdle in my
After setting: genericConnectionPool.setmaxIdle(-1) there was not problem
with DBCP anymore.
You have to be aware though of an internal preset number of 8 connections,
in stead of "unlimited" which I would expect to be the default. 8
connections seems rather arbitrary to my opinion.

My tests show without any doubt that you can exclude DBCP 1.1 as a
possible source for your problem.

John Zoetebier
Web site:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: