commons-user mailing list archives

From Vic Cekvenich <cekvenich_...@baseBeans.com>
Subject Re: HIVEMIND: org.apache.commons.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: Registry does not contain module
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 23:24:04 GMT
I fixed the white space and same error. I am just trying to repoduce the
  code from your slides, a hello world thing.

I am not loging anything, the output is what shows up on IDE (Eclipse).

Another idea?

btw, this is all the code:
	Registry reg =   RegistryBuilder.constructDefaultRegistry();
	MailSync m = (MailSync)
reg.getService("bP.async.mailer.MailSync",MailSync.class);
	m.send();

Do you have a working "Adder" example?
.V

hlship@comcast.net wrote:
> If that's a cut-and-paste, then you have a problem in your XML ... too little whitespace

> id="MailSync"interface
>
> You should be seeing error output ... is it going into a log file?  Are you seeing a
big block about how you haven't enabled error output?

> --
> hlship@apache.org
>
> Creator, Tapestry: Java Web
> Components
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry
>
>>Thanks ( I am impressed with what HiveMind lets people do).
>>
>>Here is the message:
>>org.apache.commons.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: Registry does
>>not contain module 'bP.async.mailer'.
>>	at
>>org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.RegistryImpl.getModule(RegistryImpl.java:119)
>>	at
>>org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.RegistryImpl.getService(RegistryImpl.java:129)
>>	at bP.async.run2.main(run2.java:12)
>>Exception in thread "main"
>>
>>And the xml:
>><? xml version = "1.0" ?>
>>
>><module id ="bP.async.mailer.MailSync" version= "1.0.0">
>>	<service-point id="MailSync"interface="bP.async.mailer.MailSync">
>>		<create-instance class ="bP.async.mailer.MailSyncImpl"/>
>>	</service-point>
>>
>></module>
>>
>>Does this help? I wish it is XML.
>>
>>.V
>>

>>hlship@comcast.net wrote:
>>
>>>The full stack trace of the exception would be a start; also you
>>
>>hivemodule.xml is probably the source of the problem.  Any other output in the
>>log?
>>
>>>You are likely using alpha-2 XML syntax with the alpha-3 code (or vice versa).

Victor Cekvenich,
Struts Instructor
(215) 321-9146

Advanced Struts Training
<http://basebeans.com/do/cmsPg?content=TRAINING> Server Side Java
training with Rich UI, mentoring, designs, samples and project recovery
in North East.
Simple best practice basic Portal, a Struts CMS, Membership, Forums,
Shopping and Credit processing, <http://basicportal.com> software, ready
to develop/customize; requires a db to run.