commons-user mailing list archives

From laurent.i...@mpsa.com
Subject FTP: I hacked DefaultFTPFileListParser to handle date in french listings
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 16:23:26 GMT

Hi all,

I had troubles making the FTP task to work with Ant 1.5.4 on my french ftp
listings.
In U.S. listings, month appears before day; but in french listings, day
appears before month.
The DefaultFTPFileListParser implementation considers that month comes
first,
and thus ignores timestamp differences ("depends" or "newer" attribute has
no effect).

I made an ugly hack on com.oroinc.net.ftp.DefaultFTPFileListParser :
I inverted the order in which month and day are parsed.

Now it works perfectly for me. Only new or updated files are copied.

I hope a clean implementation of "localized" ListParsers could become
available with a forthcoming release...

Thank You for your time
--
Laurent IZAC