commons-user mailing list archives

From Makarand.Sonaw...@lntinfotech.com
Subject Re: Digester throwing Null pointer exception while parsing rule XML
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 04:37:20 GMT

Hey thanks for taking look at the problem

      I am not doing subclass for digester, but for commons-logging.
I am using commons-digester-1.5, I have  MYCommonsLogging.jar which extends
commons-logging-api-jar.
When I add MYCommonsLogging.jar to the classpath I am getting the
exception.
The exception is occurring at   getXMLReader().parse(is) method so does the
my logging subclasses are doing this mischief ;-)

public Object parse(InputStream input) throws IOException, SAXException {

        configure();
        InputSource is = new InputSource(input);
        getXMLReader().parse(is);
        return (root);

    }

Regards,