commons-user mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: Jelly Questions
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 00:32:22 GMT
Jelly is very much alive.

It doesn't get the TLC it deserves, but we're getting there.

"nathan phillips" <nathanpp@hotmail.com> wrote on 11/11/2003 03:26:52 AM:

> I successfully used Jelly last year in a project and am looking to use
it
> once again in a new project.  I was wondering what the status of Jelly
as a
> project is.  Is it alive?
>
> More importantly I have a question in regards to the API
> JellyContext.runScript.  I would like to dynamically create a Jelly
script
> that I can either pass in as a Document (dom4j or w3c) or a simple
String to
> the JellyContext to execute.  From the runScript API it appears I can
only
> pass in a reference (File or URL) to a file located on disk.  Is there
> anyway to dynamically build up a script and have Jelly execute it
without
> writing one to disk?  Thanks.
None at the moment, but it is an often asked for, much desired feature.

I know Mike Bowler wanted it for HtmlUnit too.

If you've got a patch for JellyContext, I'd be happy to check it out and
apply it.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting