commons-user mailing list archives

From "Antony Paul" <antonypau...@hotmail.com>
Subject Log4j - confused
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 14:04:25 GMT
Hi,
    Today I looked on documentation on http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j  to
learn to use it and find that it is called log4j and downloaded files are
commons logging . I believe both are same. Links provided in the
documentation pages that I checked is talking about log4j and importing
packages in log4j package which I can't find in the downloaded binary. Also
downloaded binary contains two jar files. I think commons-logging-api.jar is
to be included in the classpath. Also Tomcat is having this in its lib
folder. FAQ says to look at examples folder for examples but binary and
source does not contain any examples folder. So how I could start using
log4j or commons logging. ?

Antony Paul