commons-user mailing list archives

From "Frost, Gary" <gary.fr...@citigroup.com>
Subject RE: Log4j - confused
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 21:39:14 GMT
Antony,

You should take a look at Jakarta Commons - Logging.
	http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging.html
	"The Logging package is an ultra-thin bridge between different
logging libraries..."

You code to the Commons-Logging API in your applications independent of the
underlying logging implementation, and configure the Commons Logger to use
the underlying logging implementation of your choice e.g. (log4j/JDK 1.4
logging/etc) at runtime.

Take a squiz at the user-guide, its got enough info to get you going both
with using the Logging API and configuration.
	http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/userguide.html

Gary