commons-user mailing list archives

From "David Rogers" <d...@excira.com>
Subject RE: Insert using JXpath?
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:40:32 GMT

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but I am still  unclear on this.
I am concerned with the case were the path and leaf node
already exist when using a context.createPathAndSetValue(path, value) on a
JDOM.

Now if value is a string, i expect that the text of the existing leaf node
will be replaced with the string in value. -fine.

However, if value is a JDOM Element, then should the Element
be inserted at the specified index (rather than replace the existing
Element)?
Is this correct? Or how do i do an insert. (not a replace)

Is this behavior meant to be implemented in the createObject method of the
AbstractFactory?
If so maybe that is my problem, as i wrote my own JDOMFactory extending
AbstactFactory.

Is there a "standard" implementation of AbstractFactory for JDOM or DOM? I
looked but
could not find one.

Thanks,
Dave