commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@ags.uni-sb.de>
Subject Re: [jelly] Jelly build fun and Library registration
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 12:11:01 GMT

On Lundi, nove 3, 2003, at 06:59 Europe/Paris, Justin Wood wrote:
>> I think the best would be to have a finer way to control the taglibs
>> being built....
>
> Yes!

Someone would need to do this. In the meantime you can simply remove
the directories to be bothering you in the jelly-tags directory... that
works fine (the recursive build is done through the reactor and only
listing the projects).

> What I'm really trying to get at is a separation of the "Jelly engine"
> from
> the jelly tags.    The ideal situation would be some kind of run time
> discovery of dependancies so you can have an uberjar and you can
> figure out
> what dependancies are missing.    Like in ant when you run
>
> $~>ant -diagnostics
>
> and you get something like

I presume ant does this using the bootstrap mechanism...

But, hold-on, it might actually be that maven is providing exactly
this... in maven you have to state your dependencies in the project.xml
and it will download them for you if need be...
And you could crawl the list-archives for jellypack, there was
something that was generating a project.xml from a jelly file.

But of course, if there was a better approach, possibly independent of
Maven it would be nicer...

Paul