commons-user mailing list archives

From Brian Lalor <>
Subject Re: [logging] Commons Logging with WebSphere
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 13:54:03 GMT
On Nov 5, 2003, at 8:53 PM, Mingfai wrote:

> try to specify a system property as follows:
> org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.L
> ogFac
> toryImpl

I think I need to re-state my question.  I have no need (at the moment)
for huge amounts of control over the logging facility.  I just want to
be able to use a simple Log interface for logging debugging info.  I
don't care where it comes from, and in the case of WSAD, I just want to
tie into the provided logging infrastructure.  I'm hoping JCL can do
that for me.

> In WSAD, there is an IBM log factory implementation:
> by default. You may override
> it by
> any ways such as using the above system properties or using
> class loader policy.

How do I get a logging instance from that factory using JCL?

Thanks for the quick response, Mingfai!

    __   ____
   / /  / __/ Brian Lalor

To unsubscribe, e-mail: