commons-user mailing list archives

From "Sumit S." <>
Subject Transferring Data from ValueObjects into DynaBeans
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:03:40 GMT
   Is there a standard way of describing the DynaProperty array for creating a DynaBean into
which I can populate data from a Value Object using PropertyUtils.copyProperties (...)

  For eg, when we are getting data from a resultset and use the ResultSetDynaClass

   BasicDynaClass bdc = new BasicDynaClass("foo", BasicDynaBean.class, rsdc.getDynaProperties());

 Is there a way to set the DynaProperties of the DynaBean when bringing the data over from
a ValueObject (Say a struts based action form)

  What I have done as of now, is implemented a piece of code to introspect the ActionForm
and create an array of DynaProperty objects that I am passing to the BasicDynaClass structure.

				propertyDescriptor = propertyDescriptors[i];
				propertyType = propertyDescriptor.getPropertyType();
				propertyName = propertyDescriptor.getName();
				dynaProperty = new DynaProperty(propertyName, propertyType);

Add all the dynaProperty Objects to an array and pass it to the constructor....

Is there another way ?