commons-user mailing list archives

From Yuvraj Waswani <Yuvraj.Wasw...@tavant.com>
Subject commons-validator : HaspMap/Collection instead of JavaBean
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 13:33:46 GMT
Hi,

Can we use Hashmap or any other Collection instead of a JavaBean with
Validator? If not, what alternatives do I have to be able to convert a
HashMap/Collection to a JavaBean WITHOUT any pre-existing Bean definition?
(The Collection/HashMap I get from the application is dynamic in nature and
so cannot have a predefined JavaBean class for it).

I take this mail as an opportunity to ask another question :-- Can I
construct a JavaBean (since it has to be used with Validator) from an XML
containing its definition (like javabean property names) , again WITHOUT any
pre-existing class definition?

Awaiting some response.

Thanks.