commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@ags.uni-sb.de>
Subject Re: Jelly Questions
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:38:42 GMT

On Lundi, nove 10, 2003, at 17:26 Europe/Paris, nathan phillips wrote:

> I successfully used Jelly last year in a project and am looking to use
> it once again in a new project.  I was wondering what the status of
> Jelly as a project is.  Is it alive?

Yes, kind of...

> More importantly I have a question in regards to the API
> JellyContext.runScript.  I would like to dynamically create a Jelly
> script that I can either pass in as a Document (dom4j or w3c) or a
> simple String to the JellyContext to execute.  From the runScript API
> it appears I can only pass in a reference (File or URL) to a file
> located on disk.  Is there anyway to dynamically build up a script and
> have Jelly execute it without writing one to disk?  Thanks.

Well, you should always be able to pass-in an InputSource with a reader
in there that would read your string. The reason you need file or URL
is that you need (well, you MAT beed) a system-Id in order to resolver
relative references...

But exercuting jelly from a DOM4j (or just a jelly-output) would make
sense, it's not just not made yet. I am not clear yet wether it's so
easy...

Paul