commons-user mailing list archives

From "Procek, Brett M (Brett)" <pro...@lucent.com>
Subject RE: ResultSetDynaClass etc...
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:52:24 GMT
Hello,

I'm new to this list and I have a (hopefully) quick question to ask regarding the Jakarta
Commons DBCP implementation.  I would like to know if the connection pool implementation screens
the existing connections for connectivity problems, etc.

For example, if the database management system does down for several seconds, then comes back
up, the connection
references in the connection pool would be stale, broken connections.  Is there any kind of
screening process
that happens by the pool implementation which would re-open or re-establish database connections
if such an event occurred.

Thank you for your help,
Brett