commons-user mailing list archives

From "Knight, Digby" <>
Subject JSTL xml tags and namespaces
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 09:19:11 GMT

Is it still the case that the JSTL xml tags don't support xml docs with
namespaces? I've looked up quite a lot in the mail archives and google and
fairly recent posting suggest JSTL1.1 will fix the bug, but I'm still
getting the problem. However, I might have a strange mixture of 1.0 and 1.1,
since I've got Tomcat 5 but have the 1.0 taglibs installed in some

I just want to know if it's worth clearing out all my 1.0 stuff and starting
again. Is 1.1 there by default in Tomcat 5, or do I still need to install

In a clean application, when I tried:

<@ taglib prefix="x" uri="" %>

I get an error saying that Tomcat can't find the resource in a TLD or in
web.xml (words to that effect, I haven't got the actual msg).

Any thoughts?

The information in this email and in any attachments is
confidential and intended solely for the attention and use
of the named addressee(s). This information may be
subject to legal professional or other privilege or may
otherwise be protected by work product immunity or other
legal rules.  It must not be disclosed to any person without
our authority.

If you are not the intended recipient, or a person
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy,
distribute, or retain this message or any part of it.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message