commons-user mailing list archives

From David Soulayrol <david.soulay...@ago.fr>
Subject Subnegotiation in Telnet class.
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:04:05 GMT
Hello.

I'm currently working on a driver for the RFC2217 (Telnet Com Port
Control Option). I'm using the TelnetClient class as ancestor of my main
connection class.

I've got the following problem : the RFC states that it is possible to
send some sommands 'at any time, and multiple times throughout the
Telnet session'. But in the TelnetClient, I can see no way to send
subnegotiation commands once initial subnegotiation was done. To achieve
this, I had to modify the Telnet class to declare _sendSubnegotiation
public.

It's probably not a very good solution. Is there a better way to do this ?

Thanks,
David Soulayrol.