commons-user mailing list archives

From __matthewHawthorne <ma...@phreaker.net>
Subject Re: [logger] Configuring JDK14 logging
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:39:22 GMT
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that
java.util.logging.config.file expect an absolute path.  I hate this.

What I've always had to do is use the java.util.logging.config.class
property to load a small class which loads my config file and sets the
props into the LogManager.

Unless somebody else can chime in with a more elegant solution, this may
be what you have to do.

Simon McClenahan wrote:
> I am trying to configure the JDK14 logging via commons-logging, running on Tomcat 5.
In my web.xml :

> <system-property java.util.logging.config.file="logging.properties"/>
>

> My logging.properties file, which ends up in WEB-INF/classes
> --------------------------------
>

> handlers=java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler, java.util.logging.FileHandler
> .level=INFO
> com.hcp.level=ALL
>
> java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level = WARNING
> java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.formatter = java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter
>
> java.util.logging.FileHandler.level = ALL
> java.util.logging.FileHandler.formatter = java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter
> java.util.logging.FileHandler.pattern=EBilling%u.log
> java.util.logging.FileHandler.limit=50000
> java.util.logging.FileHandler.count=1

> I think the main problem is the system property I set in the web.xml file. Where should
logging.properties go in a web app?