commons-user mailing list archives

From Kwok Peng Tuck <pengt...@makmal.net>
Subject Re: Réf. : RE: dbcp size nightmare
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 07:22:57 GMT
Make sure that you include a finally block after your catch, in which
you actually close the connection.

try {
    //Do your db con here.

}catch (SQLException e) {
    e.printStackTrace() ;
}finally {
     try {
          if(con!=null) { con.close() ;  }
    }catch (SQLException e) {
       e.printStackTrace() ;
    }
}

You can find this design pattern in the tomcat doc as well (under JNDI
datasource how-to)  .