commons-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <dirk.verbe...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 18:07:02 GMT
I'm using the binary download of tomcat 4.1.7
my own build of dbcp 1.1 and pool 1.1
for oracle I'm using ojdbc14.jar (oracle9 driver for jdk 1.4)

But your problem "Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'"
is a JNDI configuration problem.
The driverClassName parameter isn't found and the URL is also null.

If you are running on linux then you probably want to change
docBase="D:/Tomcat/webapps/NIMS"

Otherwise linux doesn't need anything special (don't forget to set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH if you switch from thin to oci driver).

Did you try my showJNDI jsp page?
It should should JNDI config as it it visible by the webapp.

-- Dirk