commons-user mailing list archives

From Frank Schaare <>
Subject Re: [Digester]How to access created objects
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 23:41:54 GMT
Hi Simon,

>You may wish to check out the current digester source code from the cvs
>repository, or use CVSWeb to browse it.
>You will find code in src/examples/api which may be useful to you.
that is a very goog tip, i´ll try it. It is definetly a good idea to add
some examples to next release because all three articles don´t deal with
accessing the objects.

>The way digester is generally used is that you give it some rules and
>some input xml, and it generates a tree of objects. You never need to
>access the digester "stack" from your code; you just get the object
>representing the root of the tree and use its methods.
yes, that was a little confusing to me. I actually saw some Java code
before 'crawling' through the commons sources, but never this stack
stuff. I just dealt with stacks by handling exceptions without any need
to get closer as e.printStackTrace(). I don´t remenber any other class
pushing and polling objects to/from stack, so i just expectet some
methods like getStack(i) or whatever. Time to learn something new ;-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message