commons-user mailing list archives

From "Schalk" <sch...@volume4.co.za>
Subject [ FileUpload ] Problems with selection drop-down
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 23:40:47 GMT
I am having a bit of a problem with using FileUpload. When calling
getFieldName on a selection drop down list I get the actual field name. If I
call getName() on the same field I get null. Then if I use
(String)item.getString() I get a number 17. I use the
(String)item.getString() on normal text and text area fields with the value
returned correctly but, on the selection drop down it does not seem to work.

Does anyone have a solution to this or should I file this as a bug.

Kind Regards

Schalk Neethling

Web Developer.Designer.Programmer.CEO

Volume4.Development.Multimedia.Branding

Tel: +27125468436

Fax: +27125468436

email:schalk@volume4.co.za

web: www.volume4.co.za

confidential and may not be forwarded or diclosed to any other party without
the permission of the sender. If you received this message in error, please
notify me immediately so that I can correct and delete the original email.
Thank you.