commons-user mailing list archives

From "Schalk" <sch...@volume4.co.za>
Subject RE: FileUpload
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2003 23:01:03 GMT
Hey All!

I am using the Jakarta FileUpload package to process some file uploads. I
have been able to use this package very successfully to upload files from
forms that only contain file upload fields. I know face a situation where
one of the fields I need to obtain the value from is not a file upload field
but a standard text field.

I have tried just about everything but cannot get the value read in. I need
to also place the value from the standard form field as well as two files
into String variables in order to write these to a database. I am using
getFieldName and getName to get the field and actual value names but when I
use an if statement to ensure that the correct value is passed to the
correct variable it comes up with either null or it passes over my if
statement as if it does not detect a field with a matching name.

When I use the getFieldName method and print the result to the System I do
see the form field names and they do match the values I am using in the if
statements. You can see the code at:

www.volume4.co.za/Volume4/opensource/fileUpload/createCampaign.java

If anyone can see where I am going wrong or have any other suggestions
please let me know. Thanks!!

Kind Regards

Schalk Neethling

Web Developer.Designer.Programmer.CEO

Volume4.Development.Multimedia.Branding

Tel: +27125468436

Fax: +27125468436

email:schalk@volume4.co.za

web: www.volume4.co.za

confidential and may not be forwarded or diclosed to any other party without
the permission of the sender. If you received this message in error, please
notify me immediately so that I can correct and delete the original email.
Thank you.