commons-user mailing list archives

From Gary Shea <s...@gtsdesign.com>
Subject [BeanUtils] ResultSetDynaClass lowerCase option
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 16:51:50 GMT
I've run into a situation where the ResultSet DynaClass support is
broken by setting the lowerCase field true.  Hsqldb sets column names to
upper case by default.  If lowerCase is true, the first access to the
row goes boom.  I'm wondering if this is because lowerCase is a work in
progress, or because this is expected behavior?  The javadoc suggests
that lowerCase is intended to ease dealing with varying JDBC
implementations, but my impression of the current lowerCase code is that
it's very fragile and will only work if the JDBC implementation returns
the column names in lower case already!  My apologies if I'm missing
something...

I'm happy to contribute a fix, if something needs fixing, but thought
I'd better check first...

Regards,

        Gary