commons-user mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject RE: commons-validator regex validation
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 12:06:11 GMT

apostrophes "Joseph N'dongo" or something. Also Irish names like O'Bannon.

any accent/non-latin character. tabs [for lazy space people].

full-stops 'Ian St. John'.

Possibly amphersands if they decide to sign up 'Jack & Jill Hope-Jones'.

List goes on :)

On the question itself, I've no idea about Validator, but sounds like you
just want a regex akin to:

[a-zA-Z ]+

Hen