commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jorge Louis de Castro" <>
Subject Decoupling Validator bundles
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2003 12:30:01 GMT

I've been using struts and the validator package for over a year in several projects. Now
I was willing to turn most of those projects into self-contained, "integratable" components
and I find it hard to decouple Struts i18n bundles, even more so if I use the Validator package.

The main problem seems to be the impossibility to specify a resource bundle key or have the
Validator read the message-resources key entry properly on the Struts-config.xml file. Anyone
has any idea on how to make the validator integrate properly if the global application resources
are not those on the package Globals.MESSAGES_KEY?
Some of these projects are heavily localized, with 10 bundles or more, and it is a pain if
one has to define localized validation formset entries on top of that.
However, I do not see any other option -unless I'm being blind here.