commons-user mailing list archives

From "Victor Batista" <>
Subject Commons-Logging NullPointerException
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:21:53 GMT
	I am having some problems using Commons-Logging. I think this is a class

	When I run my program, which uses commons-logging indirectly (My program
uses the Quartz package, which uses commons-logging), everything works fine
on Windows and Linux (7.2 & 9.0). Now I have developed a watchdog module,
and my application is launched through it. The Watchdog uses the
Class.forName(...) to create the instance of my original application. With
this combination, I get the exception which is at the end of the email, only
on RedHat 9.0 (On Windows and RedHat 7.2 everityhing works fine). I have
tried with J2SDK 1.4.1, 1.4.2 and 1.4.2_01.

     Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance,
		Victor Batista

* Nested Exception (Underlying Cause) ---------------
        at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(
        at org.quartz.core.QuartzScheduler.getLog(

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message