commons-user mailing list archives

From "Augustyn, Robert non Unisys" <robert.augus...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: CLI: I never get exception when parsing a command line
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 22:44:19 GMT
John,
This is a test which does not work for me.
It parses the command line without throwing an exception.
Thanks
robert

import org.apache.commons.cli.*;
import org.apache.commons.cli.Options;

public class test1 {
    public test1() {
    }

    /**
     *
     * @param args
     */
        test1 test1 = new test1();

        // create Options object
        try {
            Options options = new Options();
            Event event = new Event();

            // add c option
            options.addOption("j", true, "Ejb_host");
            options.getOption("j").setRequired(true);
            options.addOption("u", true, "Scauto_evuser");
            options.addOption("y", true, "Scauto_sepchar");
            options.addOption("f", true, "Fields");
            options.getOption("f").setRequired(true);

            // parse the command line arguments
            CommandLineParser parser = new PosixParser();
            CommandLine cmd = parser.parse(options, args);

        } catch (ParseException e) {
            if ((e instanceof MissingOptionException)) {
                System.err.println("Error processing command line. Missing Option.\n");
            } else if ((e instanceof MissingArgumentException)) {
                System.err.println(
                    "Error processing command line. Missing option Argument.\n.");
            } else if ((e instanceof UnrecognizedOptionException)) {
                System.err.println(
                    "Error processing command line. Unrecognize Option.\n.");
            } else {
                System.err.println("Error processing command line.\n.");
            }
        }
    }
}