commons-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Grey" <gre...@hotmail.com>
Subject [digester] Multiple Digester Instances
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:10:08 GMT
Currently I am using digester recursively,  I have an object that will
create a new instance of digester when it is called from a rule in a
previous digester instance. I continually get null pointers when I try to do
this with this code:

public void parseMainConfigFile(InputStream stream) throws GeneralException
{
    // now that plugins are configured, start the parsing process
    try {
        //return (ParseMainXml) digester.parse(stream);
        Digester newDigester = new Digester();
        newDigester.setValidating(false);
        newDigester.addObjectCreate(ROOTNODE, ParseMainXml.class);
        newDigester.setRules(rules);
        newDigester.parse(stream);
     } catch (Exception e) {
        throw new XmlParseException(e);
     }
}

This method is used to create the original parser and to parse documents
called from that original parser. Is there any way to do this properly?
Thanks for any advice...
-Robert Grey