commons-user mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <bpor...@f2network.com.au>
Subject RE: DBCP : some questions.
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:26:35 GMT
> 1. Is it possible to use DBCP in other application
> servers?

Yes, if they provide a way to use a custom factory to create a data source.
I don't know of any specific examples, but you should look into the
documentation for that application server. I personally haven't tried it,
and I would say to stick to the connection pooling provided by your
application server if it does what you need already. You shouldn't need to
be using DBCP directly, its all internal to Tomcat.

> 2. How to handle transactions. Some pages are using
> transactions and others not.

As you previously did. DBCP doesn't do anything to specific transactions,
except that you might want to set the defaultAutoCommit parameter to false
(Although you can do that on obtaining the connection as well.

- Brett