commons-user mailing list archives

From Anthony.Mut...@aeso.ca
Subject RE: [BeanUtils] Mapped properties, this maybe a bug?
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 18:08:22 GMT
Shrihas, I suspect you mis-understood the problem. I do have a public Object
getXXX(String key) and the matching setter for mapped property access, but I
also needed, as David elegatly put it, a scalar accessor/mutator for the
entire map collection.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shah, Shrihas (OFT) [mailto:Shrihas.Shah@oft.state.ny.us]
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 10:40 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: RE: [BeanUtils] Mapped properties, this maybe a bug?

Hi Anthony:

You need

Public Map getXXX(String key) method signature.

Also you will need

Public void setXXX(String key, String value)
method

Similarly you need to change your jsp too. Where you will pass in the key.

Hopefully it will solve the problem.

Shrihas Shah
NYS Office for Technology
shrihas.shah@oft.state.ny.us
Phone (518) 408-2382
Fax (518) 473-3389
(US Postal Service Regular Mail Address)
State Capitol ESP, PO Box 2062
Albany, NY 12220-0062
(Parcel Post/Overnight and Interagency Mail Address)
Empire State Plaza
Swan St., Core 4, 1st Floor
Albany, NY 12223